ADVOCAY & HUMAN RIGHTS
YPB – Gh partners other civil society organizations to organize advocacy campaigns on violence against women, Anti-corruption campaigns, early child marriage, Female Genital Mutilation, and all forms of gender-based violence. We also work on disability issues working with policy makers and stakeholders to ensure adequate legislation to protect the rights of persons living with disabilities in Ghana. Advocacy work is mainstreamed into all our program areas through the following steps.
- Assist community members to clearly identify issues of advocacy.
- To promote women’s rights, welfare and empowerment.
- Train women’s groups on preventing all forms of gender-based violence.
- Participatory analysis of advocacy issues by community members, all program officers and human rights education officers when the need arises.
- Mobilizing and sensitizing the critical mass to take actions on the issues affecting them.